Posted 60 mins ago by Nicole
The Prince Albert Catholic School Division invites applications for Information Technology (I.T.) Technician (Level 2)
The Prince Albert Catholic Division requires an I.T. Technician (Level 2) to join a strong I.T. Team that serves approximately 3200 students and 350 staff. Our school division has six elementary schools and one high school with French immersion and English education opportunities.
This position will provide an exciting challenge for experienced and qualified candidates who possess strong knowledge of information technology with a wide range of technologies. Candidates must have demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. The candidate must be able to communicate and support stakeholders (students and staff) while working with a team. The I.T. Technician will work directly with the I.T. Manager to build, maintain and support school division I.T. infrastructure and all associated applications for both educational and business operations.
The I.T. Technician is directly responsible to the Information Technology Manager. He/she will provide technical support and innovation for the Prince Albert Catholic School Division. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, the I.T. Technician (Level 2) shall be responsible for the following:
• Successful completion of grade 12 together with a diploma or certificate from a provincially recognized technical institution or university
• Strong knowledge in Windows computers and networks with a minimum of 5 years’ experience doing computer/network maintenance, troubleshooting and repair
• Training or experience in additional areas of technical expertise. Examples are scripting languages, Internet applications, web page development, virtualization, SCCM, SQL database, PowerShell, Azure, Intune, Microsoft Certification, etc.
• A+ certification or equivalent knowledge in computer hardware and network fundamentals
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Ability to learn new skills and be a self-starter
• Ability to work independently and possess effective organizational skills
• Ability to manage accurate records and to document solutions effectively
• Ability to work within a team environment and to interact with staff and students in a professional and courteous manner
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all school division matters
• A criminal record check and a vulnerable sector check are required
• The Level 2 Technician will be mentored by Level 3 technician as well as the IT Manager
• Assist users in the use of hardware and software
• Implement and support the server environment and network infrastructure
• Provide hardware and software troubleshooting
• Responsible for Application management
• Installation of software
• Creation of user accounts
• IPAD and other mobile device support.
• Perform upgrades on network infrastructure
• Implementing approved products and processes
Perform all other duties as assigned by the Information Technology Manager.
Training and Experience Requirements:
• Degree or diploma in Computer Science
• Proven experience as IT/Network Technician or relevant position
• Experience with LAN and WAN administration
• Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication ability
• Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
• Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
• Experience in SCCM, PowerShell, SQL, Azure and Intune are an asset
• Certification as IT/Network Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, CCNA, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
a) publicly support the school division’s philosophy, policies, and programs,
b) undertake to follow in and out of school, a lifestyle and deportment in keeping with the principles of the Gospel and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church,
c) take seriously the spiritual dimension of their lives, understanding that this includes identification with a parish and participation in the life of the Church, and
d) adhere to Catholic Church teachings within their formal instructional responsibilities and in their informal interactions with students.
Qualified candidates are to submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae and completed Employment Application Form – Support Staff email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is 12:00 pm, June 1, 2020 and should be sent in confidence to I.T. Technician Level 2 Position, email email@example.com. Inquiries can be directed to Sean Kenny I.T. Manager by phone (306) 953-7500.
This position will be posted until filled. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest.
However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted