Steps to delete Gmail account on android phone
- If you don’t want your Gmail address and emails anymore, you can remove them from your Google Account.
- Deleting them won’t delete your entire Google Account.
- You’ll still have your activity and purchases you made on Google Play.
Most of us use Gmail to manage our official communications. Many a time, some of us might have also created multiple accounts on Gmail for different purposes. With time, one of these might become redundant for your use. In case you do not want your Gmail address and emails anymore, you can remove them from your Google Account. Fret not, deleting a Gmail account won’t delete your entire Google Account. You will also continue to have your activity and purchases you made on Google Play.
What happens when you delete your Gmail service?
According to Google, deleting Gmail services would:
- Delete your emails and mail settings.
- Stop you from using your Gmail address to send or receive an email. However, if you change your mind, you may be able to get your Gmail address back.
- Make it inaccessible for anyone else to reach you via the Gmail address in the future.
Follow these steps to delete Gmail account on your android phone:
Before deleting your Gmail service, download your data.
On your Android phone or tablet, open your device’s Settings app and then Google and then Manage your Google Account.
At the top, tap ‘Data & personalization’.
Under ‘Download, delete, or make a plan for your data’, tap Delete a service or your account.
You might need to sign in.
Next to ‘Gmail’, tap Delete.
Follow the steps on the screen.
Your Gmail account will be permanently deleted.